The Key Role Leaders Play in Employee Engagement
Leaders who create and maintain positive work environments and foster a culture of trust and respect contribute to the performance of their engaged employees.
Effective leaders are important because they:
- Set the tone. Leaders who model behaviors they seek to find in employees inspire others to be vested in their job and do their best work.
- Foster a sense of belonging. Employees who feel valued and part of a team are more likely to be engaged at work.
- Communicate effectively. Leaders who are transparent, honest, and approachable create a culture of trust because employees feel informed and aligned with their company.
- Provide development opportunities. Employees want opportunities to learn, grow and seek future career paths.
- Recognize and reward employees. Acknowledging hard work and contributions make employees feel appreciated and that their work has meaning.
Leaders with high Emotional Intelligence are better able to understand employees' needs and feelings, supporting the key points above.
Assessments help you identify exactly how to develop your leaders.