Speaking & Training Topics
I am a frequent (and often repeat) speaker at company meetings and association conferences.
* Best Job Ever - HIRE Right, ENGAGE Employees, and LEAD Well
* Employee Engagement
* Emotional Intelligence
* Communication & Team Building
My sessions are well-attended because they are interactive, offer real-time feedback opportunities, and are designed to insure participants leave with "next steps for action."
In many ways, interviewing and hiring employees is a bit like dating. Maybe that's why they are called candi-Dates? You like what you see initially so you decide to spend more time with a candidate in hopes it will help you decide if you belong together or not. But just like dating, sometimes hiring a new employee can go horribly wrong.
- Recognize 6 key mistakes when interviewing and hiring
- Discover why they are so common
- Consider bottom line effects and how to avoid these mistakes
Examine key components to create a stronger "People System" so employees are more engaged and involved in their jobs to positively affect business results and your bottom line.
- Learn 3 Foundations needed for an effective "People System" and what may be missing from yours.
- Understand the key roles Employee Engagement and Emotional Intelligence play in talent retention.
- The "why", "who", and "how" of work that employees seek.
We identify leaders with great or poor Emotional Intelligence yet overlook the biggest opportunity for growth in an organization.
Leave this session with a better understanding of the role Emotional Intelligence and why you should focus on OK or Average employees, and what it takes to move them from good … to memorable.
- Tangible ways to measure Emotional Intelligence in employees, especially leaders.
- Why OK or Good is your biggest opportunity for growth in your company today.
- How productive and unproductive emotions affect employees and ultimately your company's performance.