Why Use Employee Assessments
To help you build an organization where people love what they do – enjoy who they work with – and respect who they work for.
Assessments contribute information to the "3 Legs" that make up a solid hiring program.
- Past – What they bring to the job in references, resume and past experience;
- Present – Your impressions when you interviewed them;
- Future – Will they “fit” your job? Targeted interview questions strengthen your interview process.
All “legs” are important, and the most effective and successful new hires are built on a solid stool using all 3 legs.
HIRE – The first place employees affect business performance and profits. Pre-employment assessments are tools for a candidate's "FIT": job fit, company fit and manager fit.
- Don’t hire marginal or poor performers. The most thorough assessment selection process costs less than hiring the wrong person for one week.
- Know the skills, performance and personality needed for a position to help you better recognize it in a candidate.
- Avoid the tendency to hire only by emotion and first impression and supplement your hiring experience with customized interview questions for each candidate.
- Screen out performance problems such poor work ethic, turnover, absenteeism, workplace theft, hostility and computer or sexual abuse concerns.
- Understand new employees quicker to shorten the transition from trainee to productive employee.
- Make it more likely the candidate you interviewed is the employee who comes to work.
ENGAGE - Assessments continue to be a tool In Staff Development and Employee Engagement. Your success depends on employees who have clear expectations, on-going and regular feedback, and feel part of a team.
- Develop and motivate employees as individuals to increase loyalty and performance.
- Capitalize on the individual strengths and interests of each employee.
- Spend training dollars more wisely and with better results.
- Build stronger workgroups and reduce workplace drama.
- Don’t promote a good employee to the wrong job – and lose that key talent.
LEAD - Good employees are lost when those who lead them are not respected or properly trained. Two key roles assessments play to build stronger leaders are in the areas of Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Development.
- Plan and build a leadership bench for the on-going success of your organization.
- Develop great bosses with managerial and leadership skills – people join a company … and leave a boss.
- Implement customized, individual personal development plans for coaching and mentoring.
our most commonly requested assessments
- Attitude: Traits such as honesty/integrity, work ethic, reliability, substance abuse, computer abuse and workplace hostility.
- Job Fit:
- Fit to the job:
- Fit to the Job: Can they do the job? (Abilities), Will they like to do the job? (Interests) and Will they fit the personality of the job? (Personality).
- Fit to the team and company culture
- Fit to the manager they work for
- Fit to the job:
- Team: We offer several team assessments including DISC behavior styles.
- Feedback Assessments: A great way to get development feedback to challenge self-perception, as well as create customized training and development programs for best use of training dollars and results.
- Emotional Intelligence: considered one of the top 10 job skills needed by 2020. Learn more about Emotional Intelligence.
- 360 Feedback Leadership: A source for development areas for those leadership positions.
- 180 Sales Development: Create sales training and development action plans for your reps for accountability and greater sales results.
I'm seeking ways to improve my people, performance and profits.
This checklist can start you on your way to unlock the power of employee assessments in hiring, development, retention and leadership development.
With so many options available, don't be swayed by a fancy report or a talented "test salesperson". Together, let's choose the best assessment for your individual needs and budget. Then get ROI on that investment when I train you and help you implement your “People System”. Then I'm just a phone call away on an as-needed basis.